So I usually don’t have more than 5-7 OpinelMods going at once. Some just seem to hang around a little longer until I fully commit to something. From left to right ( I am going to give them all names).
1. The Persain Dagger: Opinel No. 9 that I put these scales on. I got them at the only knife show I ever went to, about 14 years ago. They were black when I started, and now they are green after sanding. I am not really sure if they are supposed to be black or green. I am pretty sure this was a mediocre save of a botched job.
2. Onion Breath: Opinel No. 10 In my kitchen. It is now black handled and full black- out patina on the blade. My wife is allergic to onions. This is the only blade that I cut onions with when there is an onion emergency.
3. Evolving: Opinel No. 8 Ebauche. It has a mosaic pin and the shape is getting refined with hand sanding.
4. Opi-Opal: Opinel No.10. My sister has this in her kitchen on her yacht in Florida. It has a turquoise inlay that surrounds a real white opal that I ground into a mystical triangle shape.
5. Caroline: Opinel No.8 Olivewood Ebauche. This one has changed a lot. That back cutout gets another piece of exotic hardwood (don’t know what it is). I will probably give this to a mother at my son’s school. She is the only person at the Shabbat service that showed any interest in fine cutting utensils.
6. The Opi-Defender: Opinel No. 10. The defender is the evolution of the Opi-fighter after the back of it broke off. It is a nice size one handed work knife. Fits nice in pocket of my Knife & Flag apron.
7. Untitled for now. Not quite done with it. As of now it needs some minor refinements. Polished up the blade. I have used this around the studio. The size is really comfortable. Not a hard use knife, but very light.